The next submission date for applications will be Wednesday 31 July 2013
Please follow the instructions below which detail the steps required for a complete application.
Step 1: Gathering of information
Gather the following information:
- teaching portfolio – the evidence of your claim to teaching excellence (see Assessment criteria)
- curriculum vitae
- evidence of your Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy.
Applicants are reminded to not use plastic pockets to present portfolios as this makes the evaluation task longer and a number of people need to evaluate your submission in a relatively short period of time.
Step 2: Signatories and referees
Print off the Application for Teaching Fellowship: signature sheet and ensure that you:
- complete and sign this sheet acknowledging that you are applying within the provisions of the scheme
- have your Head of School/Service signature
- provide two referees, at least one of whom should be internal
- include the completed sheet in your portfolio.
Step 3: Submission of documentation
You must submit one hardcopy and one electronic copy of your application.
Submit one hardcopy of your portfolio and relevant documentation to:
Teaching Fellows Administrator
Office of the Vice Principal (Academic)
Sighthill Campus Room 5.B.29
In order to assist with the assessment process, email an electronic copy to the Teaching Fellows Administrator at TFadmin@napier.ac.uk (please insert 'TF Applications' as your subject heading). The main body of the submission is required in this format, but it is accepted that it may not be possible to include appendices electronically.
Step 4: Additional data: online submission form
Complete the online submission form [please note that this will open an online form in the old Teaching Fellows website – this is due to be updated in the near future]. This should include your full details and the details of your two referees.