Welcome to the twitter feed from Edinburgh Napier’s IT & technical experts. You can find us at the following URL https://twitter.com/EdNapITBytes
What are we for?
This social media platform aims to keep you up to date with the latest technological innovations at Edinburgh Napier University and beyond. We will tweet top tips, ideas and insights from within the university’s Technical Services team and the sector as a whole.
We hope that you will find our twitter profile and feeds useful as we aim to provide a window into what really goes on behind the scenes of the university’s business applications and IT infrastructure. And provide some insights into how the world of educational technology and technology in learning is evolving.
We are also keen to hear your views and ideas on the provision of innovative technology at Edinburgh Napier University so please feel free to tweet us your opinions and thoughts too.
What are we are not for?
Please note that is not an IT Support Desk twitter feed, please use the normal channels to raise any issues you may experience with IT by contacting IS Service Desk.
Responding via Twitter
We will check our twitter feed once a day (Monday-Friday) during the academic year. We will aim to respond to most individual questions or direct you to where you can find the information you require.
Please do not expect an instant response to questions or comments made through this twitter service. Please note our twitter feed will not be checked during non-working hours or university holidays.
Our twitter feed is updated by our Technical Services experts and our liaison team. A list of our contributors can be found below.
Our Technical Services expert team and their tweet signature:
- David Telford (^DT) is our Director of Information Services
- Sally Jorjani (^SJ) is our Head of Customer Service and Business Change
- Iain Russell (^IR) is our Head of Infrastructure
- James Blair (^JB) is our Head of Applications
- Derek Macdonald (^DM) is our Information Systems Development Manager
- Lynn McIntosh (^LM) is our Data Centre & Operations Manager
- Jennifer Moxey (^JM) is our Network & Security Services Manager
- David Pentland (^DP) is our Desktop Applications & Client Services Manager
- Iain Bruce (^IB) is our Lead IT Developer (WEB and VLE)
Our liaison team and their tweet signature:
- Stephen Bruce (^SB) is our Academic Advisor
- Emma Farthing-Sykes (^EFS) is our Academic & Business Relationship Manager
- Helen MacDonough (^HM) is our User Information Officer
- Andrew McKendrick (^AM) is our Senior Consultant
- Belinda Merchant (^BM) is our Portfolio & Service Engagement Manager
- Steve Yorkstone (^SY) is our Senior Consultant
- Suzanne Shinnie (^SS) is our Project Manager
We’ve got a few do’s and don’ts to ensure everyone can enjoy our twitter feed. Remember that twitter is an open channel of communication so our tweets and yours can be seen by everyone. Please make sure you engage respectfully when using our twitter feed.
• share your tech tips, ideas and insights from the world of educational technology
• alerts us to emerging technology you’d like us to look into
• retweet our tweets if they’d be of interest to others
• feel free to express your opinion and respond to our tweets
• make sure that your tweets are respectful and courteous of us and our other followers
• tweet anything that could offend our Information Services team or the wider Edinburgh Napier community - We reserve the right to block followers that abuse this service
• use inflammatory, abusive or coarse language
• try to use this twitter feed to bypass the IT Support Desk - To ensure your issue is dealt with in a timely and efficient manner - and to ensure there are not any wider issues which we should be alerted to, all calls must go through the IT Support Desk.
We hope you will enjoy using Edin Napier IT Bytes twitter. If you would like to make any suggestions about how we can improve this service please email Emma Farthing-Sykes firstname.lastname@example.org.