The Corporate Communications team provide advice and services to help convey corporate initiatives and priorities to staff using a variety of methods such as roadshows, printed material, electronic information and other marketing materials.
For more information, please contact Patrick McFall, Head of Corporate Communications on email@example.com or ext 6314.
Staff Intranet homepage
Corporate Communications are responsible for the University News, Staff News, University Events and Announcements sections on the homepage of the intranet.
Read our intranet homepage guidelines for more information. Items to be considered for these areas should be sent to EdNapierNews@napier.ac.uk.
A few tips when considering an internal communications project:
- Face to face briefings are the most effective method of communicating with staff and the most successful mechanism to secure staff understanding and engagement with the change process.
- Celebrate success with small events and thank-yous etc.
- Cascade written and email briefings to staff.
- Consider using electronic communications such as fortnightly or monthly emails, blogs or use of social networking sites.
- Staff Intranet - speak to the Web & Digital Communications team about how best to promote your news at a department or School level.
Please note that while email and the intranet are valuable mechanisms to communicate with staff, it is recommended that these are used in addition to face-to-face communications. There is a danger that some electronic communications may be misinterpreted, constraining effective two-way communication and engagement.