Our ethos is to maintain a balance with our objectives and social and environmental responsibilities. We are proud to say that we hold Fairtrade Status. We strive to constantly increase the number of Fairtrade products we sell and only serve Fairtrade coffee in the University.
Our Fairtrade Status
Edinburgh Napier University is committed to Fairtrade. In order to obtain Fairtrade status, the university must apply annually and meet a range of criteria which the foundation call the 5 goals.
The Fairtrade Foundations' 5 Goals
- Create a Fairtrade Policy that incorporates the 5 goals
- Ensure that Fairtrade products are sold in all university outlets and that the amount of products available increase year on year
- Ensure that Fairtrade products are used at meeting and events held by the University
- Promote the understanding of Fairtrade and the consumption of Fairtrade products through specific promotional campaigns
- Establish a Fairtrade steering group with representative from the student population, procurement and other relevant groups
Click here to read Edinburgh Napier University's Fairtrade Policy
Most of the University's coffee is supplied by Coffee Conscience. Their core mission is to promote the use of Fairtrade beverage products within a business structure that is focussed on social, environmental and community responsibilities including delivering carbon offset programmes. Their aim is to have a carbon negative distribution network and to raise consumer awareness of the importance of supporting Fairtrade in developing countries.
For further information on Coffee Conscience, refer to their website.
Getting in touch