Merchiston Co-location Project
Work has now begun on the Merchiston Co-location Project. Mansell Construction Services Limited are the main contractor for the project.
To enable construction of the new build music studios in the rear quadrangle, parking will be suspended from mid May 2012 until project completion in December 2012.
The project team will keep staff informed of planned works and greatly appreciate the cooperation of staff with regards to the works being carried out on the campus, we will do everything we can to minimise the impact of noise and disruption.
Helpful information for those relocating during this project is available.
The below diagram shows the various blocks within the Merchiston campus, which will help to explain the phasing of the works detailed beneath it.
Stage One - March 2012 – August 2012
- Surveys undertaken
- Hoist erected which will allow us to get materials on site
- Site compound established
- Work to Block E Level D (Publishing and Journalism/Student and Academic Services) and Level E (Student and
- Academic Services/Research and Knowledge Transfer)
- Level A transfer to C floor (July)
- Work to Block G Level A (Publishing and Journalism)
Stage Two - End of May 2012 – December 2012
- Works to Block E - Levels C (Publishing and Journalism), F (Art and Design) and G (English and Acting)
- New build multi-use space
- New build Music studios
Stage Three - July 2012 - December 2012
- Work in Block A Level A (Music)
- Work in Block G Level B (Student hub)
- Work to Block A Level B (NSA)
- Work to Block E Level H (Research and Knowledge Transfer)
- Work to Block D Level D (Photography)
Please email email@example.com for more information.