Staff Car Parking
Please cliick here to view the Car Parking Policy before making an application for a car parking permit.
Use the online Car Parking Application Form to apply for campus car parking.
Car Parking Application Form - Guidance Notes
1. All fields on the form must be completed. The system will not accept a form if any of the fields are incomplete.
2. An automatic reply will be dispatched to acknowledge that the request has been received and is being processed.
The message does not mean that you have been successful in obtaining a permit.
3. Applicants' payroll number can be found on their staff badge or on request from Personnel Services.
4. In the "Pay Band" field the applicant will select from the drop down menu the option number that is applicable to their
annual salary scale.
These scales are as follows:
- Option 1 - Up to £10,000 per annum = £4 per month
- Option 2 - £10,001 to £25,000 per annum = £8 per month
- Option 3 - £25,001 to £45,000 per annum = £12 per month
- Option 4 - £45,001 and above = £15 per month
Note: This information will be treated as strictly confidential and will comply with Data Protection legislation.
5. At the "Type of Permit" field the applicant will select from the drop down menu the type of permit they require.
The options are as follows:
- Standard - Issued to a specific car park with multi-site use
- Car Share 1 -Two people sharing from different households will pay a fee based upon the schedule above, less 50%. The fee will be based upon the greater of the two salaries. A designated space will be allocated.
- Car Share 2 - Three or more travelling from different households will be fee exempt and will have a designated car share space allocated.
- Disabled Badge - Can be issued on production of a valid council badge or by medical evidence by a General Practitioner.
6. At the "Email" field applicants are asked to indicate the email address to which the automatic reply will be sent.
7. Additional vehicles may be registered, but only one vehicle per permit holder will be allowed to park in the University
at any one time.
8. Should you wish to appeal a decision for not granting a permit you should write to Depute Director of Property &
Facilities, clearly stating the reasons for appeal. The appeal letter should contain any other information that is relevant
and should be considered. The Depute Director will endeavour to review the matter within a reasonable period of time
and to notify the applicant in writing of their decision.
If the applicant is unhappy with the decision of the Depute Director, a final appeal can be made, in writing, to the Director of Property & Facilities. This final appeal must be lodged within 7 days of the notice from the Depute Director. The Director
of Property & Facilities will endeavour to hear the appeal as soon as possible and will notify the applicant in writing of their decision. The decision of the Director of Property & Facilities will be final.