Staffing Authorisation Process
The Online SAF is a paperless process that needs to be completed to authorise any expenditure within a department, this includes:
- all vacancies
- new roles (including zero hour lecturer and part time demonstrator posts)
- all casual appointments (including general casuals, scribes, invigilators, student ambassadors and external examiners)
- extensions (regardless of the funding)
- all increases in hours, acting up allowances
- responsibilty allowances
- any changes to that lead to an increase in costs within a department.
Please refer to the SAF Guidelines when raising and SAF Approval Guidelines for authorisers.