Merchiston library is a bright attractive environment, recently refurbished, providing over 500 study spaces designed to suit a variety of learning styles. Zones 1 & 2 offer Social study space with Group Study Pods and circular tables for Group work, Zone 3 is our silent room, Zones 4 and 5 offers quieter study space around the book stock. There is a wide range of material which supports the diverse subjects taught on campus.
- Use LibrarySearch to find books, e-books, online journal articles and more. Items can be borrowed or returned using Self-issue machines in the library.
- Use our computer and multi-functional device facilities: we have 30 networked computers, 4 MACs, scanner and three multi-functional devices (for printing, copying and scanning). There are power points for laptops on most floors and Wi-Fi is available throughout.
- Book one of eight group study rooms, all of which have a PC and whiteboard, six rooms also have plasma screens.
- Study in our Silent area, Zone 3, this is a bright room including a mezzanine for silent study, there are power sockets around the room for charging your own devices.
- Help sessions for Maths plus and English help are published on our plasma screens.
Zone 1 - Social Study Space
Helpdesk, Group discussion, 24 Hour area, Self-Issue and Return, PCs, 2 Study Pods, Covered drinks only.
Two multi-functional devices (for printing, copying and scanning).
Zone 2 - Quiet & Group Study
Reference materials, DVD Collection, 4 Study pods, Study rooms, PCs, MACs and relaxed seating area.
One multi-functional device (for printing, copying and scanning).
Zone 3 - Silent Area
Silent study only - Phones switched to silent, no food or drink and no conversation
Zone 4 - Social study
Self-Issue, Study Tables
Zone 5 - Quiet study
Books, Journals and Music Scores
Downstairs - Books 001-649, Journals A-Z, Music Scores, Abstracts and Indexes
Upstairs - Books 650-999
Quiet study , No food or drink, Phones switched to silent, Minimal conversation
Special collections - For access please ask at the Help Desk
Edward Clark Collection - Material relating to the history of printing
Edinburgh Napier University
10 Colinton Rd
Telephone 0131 455 2582
Find location on Google Maps