Access and Passwords
The Library strongly recommends using LibrarySearch to locate databases, ejournals and ejournal articles. This is because
- LibrarySearch only contains good quality academic resources
- The links in LibrarySearch have been specially set up to allow easier access to eresources
- LibrarySearch contains detailed information about how to log into each eresource
Logging into LibrarySearch
- On campus: Log into LibrarySearch if you want to request books, view your Library account, and save searches using My Account.
- Off campus: Always log in to LibrarySearch for full access to search results.
To log in:
- Click on Guest > Sign In at the top right. Enter your University login.
Information about how to log into individual eresources can be found:
- In the LibrarySearch databases list, at the end of the database description
- By clicking the title of a resource in LibrarySearch search results
On-campus access to electronic databases, journals and books
- Most resources don't require a login on campus.
- Some require you to log in with your University login.
- If a non-standard password is needed, there will be a link to the Database and E-Journals Passwords page when you click the tilte of a resource in LibrarySearch.
Off-campus access to electronic databases, journals and books
The library's proxy server makes it easier to access library eresources off campus.
- If you start your search in LibrarySearch, the Edinburgh Napier login box will generally appear when you access a resource.
- All you'll need to do then is enter your University login (the same login you use to log into a university computer or your email)
- You'll only need to do this for the first eresource in a search session.
Some more specialist databases will still need a non-standard password.
- If a non-standard password is needed, see the Database and E-Journals Passwords page (login required).