Janet Taylor - Leader External Funding
Janet Taylor offers support and advice to the Business School on funding opportunities for Research and Innovation.
Janet can help with:
- Identifying opportunities for external funding
- Assisting with all aspects of funding applications including scoping, costing and pricing
- Supporting knowledge exchange and business engagement opportunities
- Supporting the commercialisation of IP
- Reviewing and negotiating research and commercial agreements
- Facilitating relationships between academics and external partners
Contact: J.Taylor2@napier.ac.uk - ext. 6283
Julia Gillam - Leader, European Funding
Julia offers supports and advice to the School of Creative Industries on funding opportunities for Research and Innovation.
Julia is responsible for advising and supporting academic staff in the solicitation of EU research and innovation funding such as Horizon2020, Erasmus+ and Creative Europe. She also represents the University at Scottish and UK level via Scotland Europa, the UK Research Office and the UK HE International Unit.
Julia has worked in higher education since 2003, joining ENU in 2007. She has extensive experience in soliciting EU funding and in managing and delivering EU funded projects.
Julia can help with:
- Advice on EU funding opportunities
- Advice on EU funding rules and regulations
- Assistance in creating consortia
- Assistance in creating EU funding proposals
- Advice on intellectual property management and exploitation
- Advice on risk management
- Proposal review
- Contract/Grant Agreement negotiation
- Workshops and information sessions on EU funding
- EU Community of Practice
- Influencing EU funding policy and practice via external networks
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org - ext. 5017
Dr Sharon McGettrick - Research and Innovation Manager
Sharon offers supports and advice to the School of Computing on funding opportunities for Research and Innovation.
Sharon is a Research and Innovation Manager within RIO. Sharon joined the University in 2011, as a Business Development Executive. She received her M.Sci and PhD, both in Chemistry, from the University of Glasgow.
Sharon can help with:
- Horizon scanning on relevant research and innovation income generating opportunities and advising academics and related partners
- Developing research applications and quotations including adherence to funding regulations, financial due diligence and costing and pricing
- Obtaining grants and impactful research opportunities
Contact email@example.com - ext 6300
Ian Anderson - Research and Innovation Manager
Ian supports the Schools of Engineering and Built Environment and the School of Arts and Creative Industries to secure funding for research and commercial activities.
A graduate of the University of Aberdeen, Ian has spent 20 years in the financial sector with HSBC and Clydesdale Bank working in corporate finance. Ian joined Edinburgh Napier in 2010 and has worked in the 2Kt + project and the Business Innovation Exchange.
Ian can help with:
- Applications for research funding
- Commercial contracts
- Intellectual Property development
- Developing proposals for funding through the leading UK and European funding streams
- Developing business plans
- Negotiating terms of engagement
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org - ext. 2285
Nina Hakanpaa - Research and Innovation Manager
Nina offers supports and advice to the School of Life, Sports and Social Sciences on funding opportunities for Research and Innovation.
Nina is responsible for contributing to the delivery of the University’s Research and Innovation Strategy by supporting activities leading to an increase in the research and innovation outputs.
Nina Joined Edinburgh Napier University in 2013 and has a background is in Marine and Fisheries Biology specialising in the interaction between Aquaculture and Wild Fisheries Management.
Nina can help with:
- supporting the academics in obtaining grants
- Identifying impactful research opportunities
- managing the effective exchange of knowledge between academia and potential external partners
- Identifying research and innovation income generating opportunities and advising academics and related partners.
Contact: email@example.com - ext 6526