Information about Disabled Students' Allowance (DSA)
What is DSA?
DSA is specific funding provided by Funding Authorities (such as SAAS) to help with extra costs students have whilst studying at university because of a diagnosed specific learning difficulty, medical condition or disability.
What can DSA help pay for?
DSA can help with the cost of things like:
- Specialist study skills tutor
- Proof readers
- Note takers
- British Sign Language Interpreter
- Printing and photocopying
- Computers and other technological devices
- Specialist equipment
- Assistive software packages such as Mind Mapping tools, specialist spellcheckers, voice to text tools, proof-reading support, note-taking tools
- Coloured specs, overlays or reading rulers
- Digital stethoscopes