Remit of Estates Committee
Terms of Reference
- To ensure that the University develops and maintains an effective Estate Strategy and meets any relevant requirements of the Funding Council.
- To approve minor changes to the Estate Strategy on behalf of Court.
- To make recommendations to the Court regarding major revisions to the Estate Strategy.
- To monitor and review the implementation of the Estate Strategy approved by the Court and report progress to the Court.
- On behalf of Court to consider and approve proposals to acquire, sell, convey, exchange, lease, build, maintain, repair, alter, enlarge, replace or renew any heritable property, making recommendations to the Finance & Commercialisation Committee of Court regarding such matters where appropriate.
- On behalf of Court to appoint such professional advisers as they may from time to time think appropriate.
- To monitor the expenditure of capital funds related to the maintenance and development of the estate.
- To consider the strategic aspects of all environmental issues relating to the University and in particular energy conservation, waste minimisation, recycling, transport and environmental protection.
- To carry out such other related functions as may be requested from time to time by the Court.
One third of the current membership, including at least one lay Court member.
Frequency of Meetings
Normally four times a year, prior to meetings of the Finance & Commercialisation Committee, but more frequently when the Committee is required to approve or review key stages of any major capital development project.
The Court must receive a Report of each meeting.