Committee Servicing Procedures & Good Practice Guidance
The guidance on committee servicing at Edinburgh Napier University is intended to:
- Offer a model of good practice in the conduct of committees within the University
- Set common standards for committee agendas, papers, minutes and reports
Facilitate communication between committees, sub-committees and the wider University community (including the general public)
- Encourage committees to periodically monitor and review their own effectiveness
Who is this aimed at?
This guidance primarily relates to clerks to committees and sub committees of University Court, Academic Board and the Principal‟s Executive Group.
Sections of this guidance are also of interest to:
- Staff responsible for providing papers for committees
- Staff responsible for ensuring actions are monitored and implemented
- Convenors / vice-convenors (particularly those new to the role)
- Committee members
- Line managers of staff with committee servicing responsibilities
This guidance is not aimed at those running and supporting exam boards (which have their own specific procedures to follow in accordance with University Regulations).
Please note that certain matters relating to Court and its sub committees are governed by the Order of Council and Court‟s Standing Orders and the requirements of these formal instruments take precedence over anything written in this guidance.
Guidance and Template Downloads
Template Forward Schedule of Business
Template Open Agenda
Template Reserved Agenda
Template Standard Paper Coversheet
Standard Lexicon of Terminology
Annual Review of Committee Effectiveness
Check Corporate Learning & Development for updates.