SITS will be unavailable for scheduled maintenance on Monday, 18 February.
Every year we upgrade to the most recent version of SITS to ensure the system continues to run smoothly and efficiently. To apply this upgrade, and then bring SITS back up safely and securely, we have to take SITS offline for one to two working days.
As the system is so heavily used, there isn’t a good time to take it offline. After consultation with stakeholders, we’ve identified the above date as the one that will cause least disruption.
This means that SITS, e:Vision and e-Student Records will be unavailable and student data will not be transferred to downstream systems, including CRM and Syllabus Plus, for this period.
The following will be affected:
- eStudent Records (e:Vision):
- Student results etc
- All tasks: Transfer task, Withdrawal Task, Module Descriptor/Edit Task etc.
- SID (Helpdesk) – Student Systems (including Student Hub Helpdesk): please email email@example.com during this time
- Online Applications: a temporary PDF form/and page will be included so that applications can be filled in online during this time
- Courses Listings: will be available for enquirers to view. This will be a snapshot of the data during the downtime
- Module Catalogue: will be available for enquirers to view. This will be a snapshot of the data during the downtime
- Bi Query: will be unavailable to users during downtime
- Moodle: will be available to users during downtime but no new enrolments or course creation will take place
If you have any concerns about the planned downtime, contact the Student Systems Team within Information Services.