We’ve switched to a University-wide Times Higher Education digital subscription, giving all colleagues and students unlimited access to articles online, with no monthly limitations on articles.
Times Higher Education (THE) provides analysis and insight on higher education. Edinburgh Napier’s institutional subscription gives unlimited access to all THE content online, including weekly digital editions of the magazine and digital access to all rankings supplements, as well as access to the THE app for iOS, Android and Kindle Fire devices.
For anywhere, anytime access, you need to register for a personal THE account, which you'll use to log in to the THE website and app.
To register for the first time:
- From the Times Higher Education website, click on ‘Register’ at the top right
- Register using your Edinburgh Napier email address and choose a username and password. Your username will appear in public facing parts of the site such as comments on articles
- Click on ‘Join us’ and you will be logged in
- Having successfully registered, just click on ‘Login’ next time you use the service
To install the app:
- Download the app from your usual app store
- Select either the UK or global edition
- Click on the three dots at the top right and select account
- Click on ‘Existing THE account’
- Sign in with your THE username and password
The service gives you access to the latest edition, published every Thursday, and allows you to browse full editions dating back to 2013. You can also search the archive for earlier articles and opt to receive a weekly email alerting you when the new edition is available.
The University will also receive 5 printed copies each week, which will be distributed across the three campuses via the libraries.
This new subscription is paid out of a central budget instead of individual departmental budgets, and is a more environmentally friendly way to access the articles, whilst also providing access for a wider audience.