The University’s Annual Leave Purchase Scheme provides additional flexibility in terms of planned time off work, by allowing you to buy extra holidays should you wish to take more than your standard contractual annual leave entitlement.
The window to purchase additional annual leave days is open until 31 January. You can buy up to five further days in the current leave year, which started on 1 September 2020 and ends on 31 August 2021.
The cost of additional annual leave, calculated at your normal daily rate, is spread over a six month period. You’ll find a calculator to give you an indication of the cost here and some frequently asked questions about the scheme are answered here.
Requesting additional leave is straightforward:
- Login to HR Connect and select ‘Pay & Benefits’
- Scroll down to ‘Time & Expenses’ and click ‘Add Claim’
- Enter 01/01/2021 in the ‘Start Date’ field
- Choose ‘Purchase of Additional Annual Leave’ in the claim template section and click ‘New’
- Populate the ‘Reason for Request’ and ‘Total Extra Hours Requested’ fields
- Click ‘Submit’ to send for approval by your line manager
The first salary deduction for any additional days you buy will occur on Friday 26 February, with the additional days available to book from early February.
We’d love to hear your feedback on this new scheme. Email your thoughts or any questions you may have to Lee Conlan, Head of Reward.