You will be aware that over recent weeks, we have seen a rise in COVID-19 cases as the virus is still spreading. As we approach the new academic year it’s important that we’re up to date with what is expected of us.
Going forward, if you have symptoms of COVID-19 and have a high temperature, or are too unwell to carry out normal activities, you are advised to ‘stay at home’ until you feel well enough to return to work.
If you are unable to work due to feeling unwell, you should record the sickness absence in the normal way on HR Connect, with the appropriate absence reason selected. We will no longer use “COVID-19” sickness absence reasons for recording absence because it cannot be verified via testing. However, should you take a test which provides a positive result, please contact our Health and Safety Team who are continuing to monitor for outbreaks in the University.
For more information about COVID-19, please visit NHS Inform.
And remember, Covid Sense is protecting yourself and others by:
- opening windows when socialising indoors
- wearing a face covering in indoor public places or on public transport
- washing your hands to protect yourself
- getting your vaccine when offered to ensure you are fully protected
- staying at home if you’re unwell with symptoms or have a fever.