Introduction to My Progress - electronic OAR
We're continually striving to make sure that the experience of students in practice remains outstanding. This has led to the implementation of a web-based e-practice assessment framework that communicates either through the Myprogress website or with mobile or tablet devices in practice using the Myprogress app.
All Nursing students for Adult, Child, Mental Health and Learning Disabilities are now using the electronic OAR system across all years 1-3.
MyProgress Pilot (May-August 2018)
The School of Health and Social Care piloted the system throughout trimester 3 (May-August 2018) with the 2nd year Mental health and Learning disability students.
Here is some system feedback we have recieved so far regarding the postives and the challenges:
Feedback from pilot.docx
Student / Mentor link process:
https://enu.mkmapps.com/myprogress is the link which will take you to my progress. As a mentor, you will automatically receive access to the system as soon as you mentor a student using the electronic OAR. You will receive an email directly from Myprogress with log in details.
ALL OAR documentation is to be worked on by the student and mentor and completed through the STUDENT'S Myprogress account ONLY. As soon as a document is completed on the students account, the mentor is sent an email with a link to view the student's work. If the student has multiple mentors, the student must complete the record of signatories’ document adding each mentors details.
This docuement is a condensed version of the Scottish OAR which students and mentors should refer to when completing My Progress forms. You will also find any whistleblowing docuemnts here as well:
Condensed OAR - Additional Pages.pdf
Below is a reminder of all documents which should now be completed through the students My Progress account:
Below is a list of the documents should be completed My Progress account while you are on placement:
• PRE-PRACTICE LEARNING ACTIVITIES - week 1
• RECORD OF SIGNATORIES - week 1
• PRELIMINARY INTERVIEW - week 1
• LEARNING DEVELOPMENT PLAN - week 1
• INTERIM REVIEW - midway point of placement
• ACTION PLAN (if required) - midway point of placement
• SERVICE USER/CARER FEEDBACK (includes STUDENT REFLECTION ON USER / CARER FEEDBACK) - by the end of placement
• FINAL INTERVIEW AND SUMMATIVE ASSESSMENT OF PERFORMANCE - by the end of placement
• REFLECTIVE ACCOUNT - by the end of placement
• ESC’s - by the end of placement submit what you have achieved. Then on your next placement submit another version.
• ALTERNATIVE FIELDS - only submit if fully complete, otherwise save as a draft until finished.
• INTERPROFESSIONAL/SPOKE (if required)
• ADDITIONAL NOTES (if needed)
The only document that remains paper version is the students Attendance Record Time Sheet.
What is MyProgress?
Myprogress is a web-based tool for assessing students in clinical practice. Students can either complete assessments on a computer or a tablet device.
The Myprogress app allows you to complete assessments and forms offline, without the need for an active Wi-Fi or mobile data connection.
Benefits of MyProgress:
- Increased communication and engagement between personal tutors in the University and students/mentors in practice.
- Student and mentor acquisition of digital literacy skills.
- Wi-Fi or internet access is not required in clinical area. The device is synced when the student returns home or attends the campus.
- Mentors have access to their own portal and student assessment. This provides evidence for their triennial review and NMC re-registration.
- Improved academic practice by precluding the falsification of documentation through email-verified sign-off of assessments.
- Improved record keeping; reports can be extracted from the system providing a range of quality assurance data.
- Attendance sheets can be approved on the device and accessed remotely by the higher education institution, and digitally checked.
- Development of a CPD portfolio.
- A bank of assessment tools / instruments can be developed to prevent repetition for academics and increase in sharing opportunities.
- Tutors can forward 'useful information' to the students in practice via the app.
MyProgress Mentor Training
We continue to train as many mentors as possible to ensure they are prepared.
Below is a list of training dates. Please get in touch (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like booked on one.
18/03/20 The Royal Infirmary Edinburgh, PG Education Centre - Braids 2pm-3.30pm
24/03/20 Borders General Hospital Lecture Theatre, Room - Education Centre at 1pm
26/03/20 The Royal Infirmary Edinburgh, PG Education Centre - Calton 2pm-3.30pm
02/04/20 The Royal Infirmary Edinburgh, PG Education Centre - Blackford 2pm-3.30pm
22/04/20 Royal Hospital for Sick Children SPHERE 10:45am-11:45am
06/05/20 Royal Hospital for Sick Children SPHERE 10:45am-11:45am
08/06/20 Royal Hospital for Sick Children SPHERE 10:45am-11:45am
06/07/20 Royal Hospital for Sick Children SPHERE 10:45am-11:45am
12/08/20 Royal Hospital for Sick Children SPHERE 10:45am-11:45am
05/10/20 Royal Hospital for Sick Children SPHERE 10:45am-11:45am
02/11/20 Royal Hospital for Sick Children SPHERE 10:45am-11:45am
09/12/20 Royal Hospital for Sick Children SPHERE 10:45am-11:45am
The below presentation is from the Introduction to My Progress training for mentors, which is covered in more detail on a training date above.
Introduction to My Progress Mentors 2020 update.pptx
Myprogress training videos
Below are links to the mentor training videos.
Introduction to My Progress - background and system information
How to complete OAR documents with your student
How to check OAR documents through the mentor account
These videos will enable students and mentors to work with the Myprogress platform both on the tablet and computer-based versions.
Below, I have put together a quick screen record on the student’s app, showing some of the accessibility features that My Progress offers:
The guides below show you how to use the Myprogress platform and take you through common tasks step by step.
Student Guide My Progress Student Guide ENU.pdf
Mentor Summary Guide regarding the basic process ENU MyProgress Information for Mentors.pdf
Full Mentor Guide with step by step instructions ENU MyProgress Full Mentor Guide.pdf
Frequently asked questions: FAQs.pdf
Please contact email@example.com if you have any further queries.