Induction: Working at Edinburgh Napier
25th July 2022
09:30 - 13:00
Edinburgh Napier Essentials
Learning and Development, email@example.com
This is for new starters who have moved posts within Edinburgh Napier. As part of your overall induction orprogramme, it is recommended that you attend this session within the first three months in your new role.
Duration: 3.5 hours
Who should attend:
Any new member of staff within Edinburgh Napier University. This session forms part of your induction or programme and we recommend that you attend within the first three months in your new role.
Edinburgh Napier University is committed to providing a quality induction experience for all staff.
The purpose of this session is to provide a wider Edinburgh Napier University perspective and to supplement your local induction programme.
You will have the opportunity to:
• Learn how Edinburgh Napier has evolved and developed in to the University you are working in today.
• Discuss the University strategy, vision and values and how these relate to your role
• Discuss the culture of the University and suggest ways to integrate
• Start thinking about your learning and development planning at the University for skills and professional behaviours relating to your role and the University Values
• Find out where to look for information in order to help you carry out your role.
• Meet colleagues from across the University.
The facilitators will use a mix of presentation, discussion and small group work.
Attendance should be discussed and agreed with your HOD/ line manager and linked to your Learning & Development Plan before booking.
To attend: Free to members of staff.
Cancellations & non-attendance:
Cancellations will be accepted up to 10 working days before the event starts.
Thereafter, your department will be charged for cancellations and non attendance on the day, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
Further information on HRConnect or by contacting event provider.
Back to events