Mental Health in the Workplace for Managers (online)
18th May 2022
13:00 - 16:30
Leadership & Management Development
Learning and Development, email@example.com
Learning supplier: Mental Health UK
This course aims to shift the perspective on mental health in the workplace. It helps attendees understand their impact on the 1 in 4 of the population affected by mental health problems, as well as equip managers to respond appropriately and confidently to mental illness in the workplace, acting in line with relevant legislation.
Who should attend?
The course covers the following five modules and key learning objectives:
1. What is mental health?
By the end of this module, delegates will be able to explain mental health as something we all have and evaluate the impact of stigma on society’s attitudes to mental health.
2. What is mental illness?
By the end of this module, delegates will be able to describe some common and less common mental illnesses and their possible signs and symptoms.
3. How can line managers respond?
By the end of this module, delegates will be able to identify key areas where employees might struggle with their mental health and list practical measures they might take to reduce this.
4. Supportive Conversations
By the end of this module, delegates will be able to list features of a supportive conversation with a colleague who is experiencing poor mental health.
5. Your Wellbeing
By the end of this module, delegates will be able to describe what wellbeing looks like for them and identify ways to proactively look after it.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
• Seek advice and support from a live, experienced trainer with professional mental health experience
• Learn from colleagues via peer learning opportunities and group work
• Action plan ways to improve their practice and influence their workplace culture
• All delegates will receive an e-pack full of necessary resources and tools which they can apply with their direct reports or individually to enhance positive mental wellbeing
Further information on HRConnect or by contacting event provider.
Back to events