The Role of the Manager at ENU M1
30th November 2022
10:30 - 12:30
Learning and Development, email@example.com
Please note that this is module 1 from the Management Essentials programme which aims to explore the complex and multi-faced nature of the role of the manager. The programme consists of 5 modules that can be undertaken in a sequential order or selected individually to suit your availability.
The role of a Manager is complex; they need to set achievable goals, handle conflict, communicate effectively, performance manage team members, coach and develop their team, prioritising workload and tasks, whilst carrying out their own day to day workload at the same time.
In addition to all of this, the manager has a pivotal role in supporting the university in delivering their
strategical objectives. This two-part session will detail People manager's responsibilities, around supporting, motivating and developing their staff to help them realise their full potential.
Who should attend?
Newly appointed and experienced people managers who want to understand their responsibilities and expectations as a manager in order to get the best from their team
Module objectives :
By the end of this module you will be have an awareness of the following:
- Define the essential skills of a manager
- Explore your management style
- Have an awareness of the employee life cycle and your duties throughout it
- Understand your responsibilities in the appointment process
- Describe the role you play through the on boarding and induction process
- Differentiate between all three elements of My Contribution and understand the manager's responsibilities
Further information on HRConnect or by contacting event provider.
Back to events