Managing Teams M6
12th May 2021
10:00 - 12:00
Leadership & Management Essentials
Learning and Development, email@example.com
Please note that this is module 6 from the Management Essentials programme which aims to explore the complex and multi-faced nature of the role of the manager. In order to attend this module you would need to have completed modules 1-5 beforehand.
Managing Teams considers how managers can manage effectively when they have team members working remotely, onsite or both. This module aims to bring together some of the learning from the previous modules to culminate in a personal action plan for how to support, manage and direct your team.
Working in small online groups over a 90 minute session you will review your learning from the previous 5 modules and in discussion with other managers, create your personal action plan.
Who should attend?
Newly appointed and experienced people managers who want to understand their responsibilities and expectations as a manager in order to get the best from their team. Please ensure you have attended all of the 5 other manager essential modules before attending this one as we will refer back to the tools and scenarios in this planning session.
- Reflect on the learning you have gained through the past modules
- Agree how you will bring your new (or refreshed learning) into your day to day management practices
- Consider how you will utilise this in your action plan and apply this to effectively manage remote and onsite
teams with an emphasis on fairness, different team member circumstances, controlling distractions and
- Create a plan to support your team to prioritize work and set expectations around communication and working practices
- At the end of the session you will feel more confident in supporting, challenging and directing your team.
Further information on HRConnect or by contacting event provider.
Back to events