Assertiveness & Conflict Management
22nd May 2019
09:30 - 16:00
3.D.11 (3rd Floor) - Sighthill
Learning and Development, firstname.lastname@example.org
Assertiveness plays a crucial and key role in effectively collaborating with others. Assertiveness behaviour can minimise conflict and maximise productivity for better personal and organisational excellence.
The aim of this workshop is to provide individuals with the skills and knowledge to enable them to communicate and collaborate effectively with others using appropriate assertive behaviour techniques and effective conflict handling strategies.
If the answer is yes to any of the below questions then this workshop could be something for you:
1. Do you sometimes find it difficult to say no to others?
2. Do you believe you do not always get your voice heard when you should?
3. Are you sometimes unsure how best to handle a difficult or even a conflict situation?
Who should attend?
Anyone who feels further developing assertiveness skills and identifying appropriate conflict handling strategies could help them to positively influence others to achieve business results.
- Define assertiveness and its importance
- Recognise assertive behaviour
- Demonstrate assertive behaviour for win-win outcomes
- Identify key triggers that can cause conflict
- Identify and use conflict resolution strategies that support shared understanding and mutual respect
- Create an action plan to build on their own assertiveness and conflict handling skills going forward
Participants will have the opportunity to:
1. Learn when to be assertive
2. Identify a number of different assertiveness tools and techniques
3. Practice and reflect on own assertiveness behaviours to positively influence
4. Learn when to apply the different conflict resolution strategies
Attendance should be discussed and agreed with your HOD/line manager and linked to your My Development Plan before booking.
Further information on HRConnect or by contacting event provider.
Back to events