19th March 2019
09:30 - 16:30
F14 - Merchiston
Effective Management Skills
Learning and Development, firstname.lastname@example.org
The aim of this workshop is to structure and conduct interviews aligned to ENU's hiring guidelines in order to identify qualified candidates resulting in effective hiring decisions.
Who should attend?
The workshop is specifically designed for those managers who are currently/or will be involved (in the very near future) in recruitment and selection of staff.
Specifically, by the end of the workshop, you will be able to:
- Describe ENU's hiring guidelines, and where to find the relevant hiring documentation.
- Explain the importance of using ENU's hiring guidelines in structuring and conducting interviews.
- Discuss the use of technical and behavioural competences in candidate selection.
- Practice the skills of effective interviewing (technical and behavioural).
Participants will have the opportunity to:
1. Build awareness around the ENU interview process and its guidelines.
2. Identify the ENU tools required to prepare, conduct and follow up on interviews.
3. Give feedback to peers during mock interview exercises based on ENU interview guidelines.
4. Receive feedback on own interview effectiveness.
5. Increase confidence in making effective hiring decisions.
Attendance should be discussed and agreed with your HOD/line manager and linked to your My Development Plan before booking.
Further information on HRConnect or by contacting event provider.
Back to events