Supporting Your Team in Planning Their Personal Development
24th August 2022
10:00 - 12:30
Leadership & Management Essentials
Learning and Development, firstname.lastname@example.org
People will be motivated to develop themselves if they want to achieve something that the development will enable them to achieve. The foundation of any development is motivation and the basis of motivation is aspiration.
The aim of this course is to give participants the tools required to have effective conversations around team member’s personal development and career aspirations.
Who should attend?
Staff members who have team members reporting into them and who feel they could use additional tools to help them have effective conversations around team members personal development and career aspirations.
• Explain the purpose of the ‘My Development’ and ‘My Career’ forms
• Revisit timelines and the cycle for planning personal development
• Identify challenges when supporting team members in their development and ways to overcome these challenges
• List and explain criteria for writing effective development plans
• Evaluate the quality of a number of development objectives and identify ways to improve them
• Demonstrate the use of effective questions to help a team member clarify his/her own aspirations, development path and development objectives
Participants will have the opportunity to:
• Explain what well written development plans would look like
• Watch a number of development conversations (videos) and identify what made these conversations effective or ineffective
• Practice their coaching skills by conducting effective conversations around a team member’s personal development and career aspirations
Attendance should be discussed and agreed with your HOD/ line manager and linked to your Learning & Development Plan before booking.
Further information on HRConnect or by contacting event provider.
Back to events