Congratulations to Dr Fiona Smart, Senior Lecturer, Department of Learning and Teaching Enhancement, and Professor Bill Buchanan, School of Computing, who have gained their Principal Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy (HEA) through ENroute.
ENroute is Edinburgh Napier’s professional recognition framework for staff involved in teaching and supporting learning. Accredited by HEA, ENroute supports participants in their journey towards Fellowship while offering a choice of routes to help them develop and make their claim for recognition.
The benefits of attaining Fellowship include:
- Formal recognition for your work in teaching and supporting students
- Benchmarking of your practice against sector expectations and standards
- The opportunity to discuss, develop and reflect on your practice
- Achievement of a portable asset which is increasingly recognised by higher and further education institutions around the UK and beyond
- Entitlement to use post-nominal letters (AFHEA, FHEA, SFHEA, PFHEA)
- Invitation to join Edinburgh Napier’s lively and supportive community of Teaching Fellows
- Achievement of an expectation for academic career progression within Edinburgh Napier
Find out more about ENroute here.