Our new internal communication and collaboration tool is here. Want to know what colleagues across Edinburgh Napier are talking about? Click here to get your own Workplace by Facebook profile and start posting today!
Workplace by Facebook is not just another way to communicate. It’s a simple way to share key messages, ask for and provide opinions/feedback, and build relationships. All colleagues can now access Workplace by Facebook, so you can post updates, comment on and like messages, follow colleagues and join groups.
Although it’s a completely separate platform for Edinburgh Napier staff only, Workplace has the added benefit of being instantly recognisable and familiar to colleagues who use Facebook in their personal lives, with all the usual functionality. However, it’s built specifically for business, helping colleagues work together as one team by keeping people connected to their colleagues in each school, department and campus.
Use Workplace by Facebook to:
- Let your colleagues know what you are up to – and your thoughts on particular subjects
- Share small actions, hot topics, opportunities and what’s going on in your School or department
- Say thank you and recognise colleagues publicly
- Promote and show your support for events and initiatives
- Share your knowledge and expertise to support your colleagues and resolve issues faster
- Suggest ideas to make Edinburgh Napier an even better place to work – and get direct feedback
- Raise issues that are important to you and bring them to the attention of colleagues who can help
Workplace will help us work together as one team to deliver our vision of being an enterprising and innovative community that is renowned internationally, with an unrivalled student learning experience.
There’s a whole Edinburgh Napier community out there on Workplace - so follow, like, comment and learn something new!
When you first log on to Workplace, add a profile pic along with details of where you are and what you do – so that people know who you are. You can do this by clicking on the ‘About' link on your profile page.
Done that? Now search for and join the groups you want to be a part of – Workplace is all about groups rather than friends or followers. Have a group in mind that doesn’t already exist? Create the group and add the colleagues you think would add to the conversation by clicking on ‘Create Group’.
Here are a few Workplace tips…
- Post in a group to hit the appropriate audience for your post
- Keep all posts relevant – Workplace is built for business, not leisure
- Tag people in your posts by adding their name to notify them of your post
What you need to know
Finally, Workplace won’t be for everyone and use is not mandatory. It’s very much ‘opt in’, so if you don’t wish to participate, don’t claim your account – it’s as simple as that!
Any questions about Workplace?