College Partnerships and Articulation
The Widening Participation Team manages the University's relationships with Colleges, including articulation activity which contributes to the Scottish Funding Council Regional Coherence Outcome agreements, reviewed annually.
Edinburgh Napier University has partnership arrangements with many Scottish colleges to facilitate the transition of their students onto our degree programmes. Collectively these pathways from colleges are known as articulation and progression routes and the administration and recording of these is managed by the College Partnerships & Articulation team.
The College Partnerships and Articulation team have developed the Articulation Planning System (APS) as a one-stop-shop for all articulation and progression information. The Articulation Planning System is available to all staff via Share Point and comprises three information areas -
- The 'APS guide to articulation' explains the different types of articulation and progression routes and their significance for our students, the University and our partners.
- The 'APS data bank' lists all the current articulation and progression routes for each School and other relevant documents.
- The 'APS College Partners' is an up-to-date listing of our College Partners and links to their websites.
For more information about creating new articulation routes, renewing or updating existing routes or deleting any that are out of date please contact Liz Gunn on x6355.
College students interested in studying Computing or Engineering at Edinburgh Napier University have the opportunity of guaranteed articulation from a selection of HN courses at partner Colleges to specific degrees at the University.
Becoming an Associate Student whilst studying their HN at College offers students some great advantages. As an Associate student, depending on the agreed route, students are guaranteed a place in Year 2 or 3 of specific degrees at Edinburgh Napier University once they successfully complete their HN studies at College (subject to meeting specified entry requirements).
The University supports the student journey to ease transition; throughout the HN stage University staff provide Tutorial support, Guest Lectures, University visits, academic literacy workshops and other supporting activities.
Associate students have access to the same facilities as all University students including:
- University Library services
- Moodle – the online learning environment
- Student support services
- Sports facilities at ENU student rates
- Arranged visits and lectures at Edinburgh Napier
- Featured lectures by Edinburgh Napier staff at college
- Associate students matriculate with the University and are issued with a student card entitling them to enjoy the full range of services offered to our students.
For further information please contact Liz Gunn, Regional Articulation Manager L.Gunn2@napier.ac.uk