1. Content must be aligned to the University’s Strategy 2020 strategic values and objectives.
2. Content must be aligned to the University Calendar. Content can include research messages, inspirational messages to mention but a few.
3. Content must be appropriate, for example it must;
- Not be offensive to any religion or race, nationality or grouping
- Not be proprietary, if it is, content editors must ensure that permission to use the content is sought.
4. Content must adhere to and not violate any of the following University policies and guidelines;
All of the policies and guidelines must be read and understood to help develop appropriate content.
5. Content must not promote other organisations, unless there is evidence of collaboration between the organisation and Edinburgh Napier University.
6. Content that is already displayed on the small digital signage screens should not be displayed on the multi video walls screens-to avoid duplication of information unless a FINAL BIG PUSH is required. In which case the big push will not last more than a few days.
7. The Service Management process needs to be followed specifically;
- The process assumes that users will have ready content or make use of their departmental or schools content editors; see content editors and supported content formats for more information.
- Request for screen time should be logged through the Video wall calendar via the IS Service Desk.
- Requests must allow a minimum of 7 working days ahead of the required publish date, unless it is an emergency.
Please note: it will not always be possible to service last minute requests due to resource and other constraints.
8. Files larger than 25mb should be uploaded to the shared network \\Napier-mail.napier.ac.uk\staff\DigitalSignage by content editors
9. Requests should have all the required information, see service management process for details.