Microsoft 365 is a cloud based bundle of services including Office 365, plus several other services including Windows 10 Enterprise.
It provides online access to a suite of cloud hosted apps like Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and many more, enabling faster and easier collaboration with colleagues across the University.
You can only use managed devices, such as a managed laptop
, to access organisational data including Outlook, Calendar, SharePoint and Microsoft Teams (access via the Virtual Desktop Service
on an unmanaged device is available but with some security restrictions in place).
To log in to Microsoft 365:
- Go to: https://www.office.com/
- Click sign in and enter your email address in the space provided in the format: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click Next.
- If you are prompted to select an account then select: Work or School Account.
- Enter your password and click Sign in
- You may be prompted to enter a code for Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA), if so enter your code and click Verify.
- You will be asked if you want to stay signed in - Information Services recommend that you click No.
- Your Microsoft 365 dashboard will open.
Microsoft 365 incorporates:
- Outlook Email
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint Apps
- and more...