Remote Access to Email
You can connect to your email account out with the University via:
- The Web (Office 365 Outlook Web Interface)
- Your Mobile Device
- The Virtual Desktop
- Remote Desktop Connection via the Virtual Private Network
Please note: Direct access to Office 365 email outside of the University network requires Multi-Factor Authentication - find out more.
Access your Outlook Email via the Web
You can access your University email via the Office 365 Outlook Web Interface using one of the following methods:
The following information will help you get started using Outlook on the Web:
- Guidance for setting up your Out of Office using Outlook on the Web can found here
- Guidance for updating your email signature via the Web can be found here, you should use the format in the University brand guidelines
- You may wish to switch off your focussed inbox, instructions can be found here
- Guidance for accessing a shared (generic) mailbox via Outlook on the Web can be found here
- General Outlook on the Web help can be found on the Microsoft website
- The Quickstart Guides and Training Centre from Microsoft will also help you get started with Office 365.
Access Email via your Mobile Device
You can access your University email account via your mobile device:
Further information about Staff Mobile Devices can be found on the Mobile Devices page.
Access your email via the Virtual Desktop
You can access your MS Outlook email account via the Virtual Desktop Service:
Find out more about the Virtual Desktop Service
Remote Desktop Connection via the Virtual Private Network (VPN)
If you require full access to your mailbox you can use Remote Desktop Connection via the VPN to access your office PC. This will enable you to log in to your Outlook client.
Find out more about the VPN servce.
Did you find what you were looking for? You may also find the following pages useful:
For guidance on managing email records please refer to Governance Services Email Management intranet page.