Remote Access to the Network
The Virtual Private Network (VPN) service was retired on Thursday 30 September 2021.
To access the Edinburgh Napier University network remotely staff members can either:
The Virtual Private Network (VPN)
Guidance for installing and using the VPN can be found below:
VPN user guide for Windows
VPN user guide for Macs
There are several stages you need to go through to set up the VPN and Remote Connect to your office PC outlined in the user guide:
- Step 1 – Prepare Work PC for Remote Desktop
- Step 2 - Add VPN URL as a Trusted Site in Internet Explorer if required
- Step 3 – Install the VPN Client
- Step 4 – Start the VPN Client
- Step 5 - Connect to Work PC with Remote Desktop
- Step 6 - Log off from Work PC via Remote Desktop and Disconnect VPN.
Please note: if using Remote Desktop Connection to connect to your office PC then ensure you disconnect from the Remote Connection without shutting down your office PC - show me how