We provide a high quality events management service for the Senior Management Team, faculties and departments across the University.
For advice and support for events contact Nicole Porterfield on ext 6433 or email@example.com
Nicole is responsible for:
- Organising all corporate events on behalf of ERC and the University, including stakeholder events for politicians and businesses and major launch events.
- Managing key annual events such as Professorial Lectures and VIP events on behalf of the University. Please note that Student & Academic Services organise the graduation ceremonies.
- University Events listings on the website and staff intranet.
Nicole also offers a University-wide events consultancy service to the faculties and professional service departments, and is happy to discuss ideas, contacts, venues, layout and how to get the best out of your event.
Note that the Conference & Lettings team within Property & Facilities are responsible for:
- Managing all external income-generating events for the University, such as weddings and conferences.
- Co-ordinating internal room bookings.
Catering is provided by an in-house team and can be ordered online. Requests for IT and audio-visual services should be directed to the IT Support Desk on ext 3000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Event listings online
Nicole Porterfield is the main point of contact for advertising University events on the is the main point of contact for advertising University events on the website and staff intranet.
Please send enquiries and information to email@example.com.
Event listings for the student portal should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org in Students & Academic Services.
Please ensure that the information you send is written in Plain English, is Edinburgh Napier related and includes the date of the event.
Only events that meet the following criteria will be advertised:
- An event that is taking place at the University such as an open day, concert, etc.
- Events organised by Edinburgh Napier which are not taking place on one of the campuses eg music students putting on a recital in a theatre.
- Events happening on campus but not organised by the University, such as a conference.
- Staff and / or students of the University must be able to attend.
The event listing should NOT:
- Advertise external companies, unless they are offering an exclusive deal or discount to Edinburgh Napier staff and students.
- Include student research or questionnaires. These should be posted in the relevant School Announcements section of the student portal.
- Be used for personal messages of any kind.
Event checklist - helpful things to remember when organising an event
Contact list - people you may want to speak to when organising an event
Room bookings advice, including foyer space (see Quick Links on the right-hand side)
Event debrief form