This intranet page is where you can find the latest information on the Estate Strategy and the Estate Strategy Implementation Programme.
In April 2017 the Finance & Property Committee (which report to the University Court), approved an £84m Estate Strategy Implementation Programme to 2025, consisting of the following:
- To extend our Sighthill campus to house a purpose built engineering school that will significantly enhance our student experience.
- We would expect the extension to be complete by 2022 at which point we will look to refurbish the Merchiston campus as a hub for computing and creative industries.
- Engineering will only move once the Sighthill expansion is complete, therefore we have decided against relocating staff to the Stones.
- A feasibility exercise to explore the expansion of our Craiglockhart Campus to include conference, teaching, exhibition and archive space will get underway shortly.
- Finally, in the short term we are looking to improve the teaching environment at Merchiston and Craiglockhart and this summer we will relocate some professional service staff to Sighthill to enable this exercise.
These proposals will provide a very exciting opportunity to improve our facilities in support of the Academic Strategy of the University, addressing issues raised by colleagues across the University over recent years.
You can download a copy of the Estate Strategy here
Dates for future Campus Conversations and meetings will be announced by email and will appear here.
Estate Strategy Development Feedback Presentation slides (featured at Campus Conversations sessions) here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have uploaded a series of frequently asked questions which may be of interest. You can also email any additional questions you may have to email@example.com. Whilst we are unable to guarantee that we will respond to each email, we will use every bit of feedback to develop topics and/or themes that should be included in the evolving FAQs document.
You can download FAQ Briefing document here