Our ethos is to maintain a balance with our objectives and social and environmental responsibilities. We are proud to say that we hold Fairtrade Status. We strive to constantly increase the number of Fairtrade products we sell and only serve Fairtrade coffee in the University.
Edinburgh Napier University is committed to Fairtrade. In order to obtain Fairtrade status, the university must apply annually and meet a range of criteria which the foundation call the 5 goals.
- Create a Fairtrade Policy that incorporates the 5 goals
- Ensure that Fairtrade products are sold in all university outlets and that the amount of products available increase year on year
- Ensure that Fairtrade products are used at meeting and events held by the University
- Promote the understanding of Fairtrade and the consumption of Fairtrade products through specific promotional campaigns
- Establish a Fairtrade steering group with representative from the student population, procurement and other relevant groups
Click here to read Edinburgh Napier University's Fairtrade Policy
Our Coffee Conscience products are Fair Trade, bought locally and shipped on a weekly basis using carbon-neutral transport – fresh and eco-friendly!
The working partnership of Coffee Conscience and Edinburgh Napier University has been successful over the past six years in delivering social, environmental, and community responsibility.