Security Services are provided on a 24/7 basis, 365 days per year, by teams of Edinburgh Napier Security Staff.
Security are responsible for:
- Ensuring a safe and secure environment for all staff, students and visitors.
- Access to all the University's buildings, email: SecurityControl@napier.ac.uk
- Being the prime point of contact in an emergency.
- Out of hours health and safety reporting, email: SecurityControl@napier.ac.uk
- Liaising with authorities, e.g. police, fire, district council.
- Lost Property
- Reporting maintenance issues and concerns outwith working hours.
The security teams are under the operational management of Russell
Wardale, Security Manager. Russell is assisted by four team
supervisors: Vytautas Bolesia, Ian Hamilton, Steve McBride and David
Muir, who operate on a continuous rotating shift pattern. 24 hour Security
Control is situated at Merchiston Campus. Additional campus
security offices at Merchiston, Craiglockhart & Sighthill can all be found
at the main entrances of each campus. The security requirements of our smaller
buildings and student accommodation are met by mobile patrols.
For the Security Team Organisational Structure, please click here.
Campus Opening and Closing times
The University has invested heavily in resources to enhance safety and security on campus. Anybody wishing to enter during restricted access times will have to use their Staff Card or valid Student Matriculation Card at key entrance points.
- During Christmas, Easter & public holidays campuses are officially closed. Please see announcements on the Staff Intranet and Student Portal prior to these periods.
- It would greatly assist Security if everybody could vacate the premises 30 minutes prior to closing time.
- For Safety reason everybody must book in and out of campuses at weekends.
Getting in touch
ext 6119 or 0131 455 6119