Security Services are provided on a 24/7 basis, 365 days per year, by teams of Edinburgh Napier Security Staff.
Security are responsible for:
- ensuring a safe and secure environment for all staff, students and visitors.
- access to all the University's buildings: email SecurityControl@napier.ac.uk
- being the prime point of contact in an emergency.
- car parking control, including booking visitor parking: email email@example.com
- authorisation and issue of car parking permits .
- out of hours health and safety reporting: email SecurityControl@napier.ac.uk
- liaising with authorities, e.g. police, fire, district council.
- lost property
- reporting maintenance issues and concerns outwith working hours.
- Campus Watch: email Campuswatch@napier.ac.uk
What is Campus Watch? Please download our Campus Watch Brochure here for more information.
The Security teams are under the management of Russell Wardale, Security Manager assisted by four supervisors: Vytautas Bolesia, Ian Hamilton, Steve McBride and David Muir, who operate on a continuous rotating shift pattern. The Security Control room is situated at Sighthill Campus with additional security offices at Craiglockhart, Merchiston Campuses and Bainfield student accommodation. The security needs of other campuses are met by mobile patrols.
For the Security Team Organisational Structure, please click here.
Campus Opening and Closing times
The University has invested heavily in resources to enhance safety and security on campus. Anybody wishing to enter during restricted access times will have to use their Staff Card or valid Student Matriculation Card at key entrance points.
During Christmas, Easter & public holidays campuses are officially closed. Please see announcements on the Staff Intranet and Student Portal prior to these periods.
It would greatly assist Security if everybody could vacate the premises 30 minutes prior to closing time.
For safety reasons everybody must book in and out of campuses at weekends
Getting in touch
ext 6119 or 0131 455 6119