COVID-19 Remote Interviewing
We are currently conducting interviews remotely and using a platforms such as WebEx and Microsoft Teams to facilitate recruitment. Your Talent & Resourcing Consultant will be able to assist in providing guidance if necessary but please see the relevant information on the intranet in the first instance. We have also created a remote interviewing help sheet, to prepare for your interview which can be found here.
Here is some hints and tips when using WebEx and troubleshoot any issues.
- If you do not have strong Wi-Fi - lower video quality or turn off your web camera, and better yet, share your content before the call.
- Close unnecessary applications - audio and video competes for the same resources and under pressure will impact the quality of your collaboration experience. WebEx Meetings has health indicators at the top right-hand corner (on latest versions of WebEx).
- If you have no Wi-Fi - use the direct dial numbers for your meeting, which you can find in the invite.
- While working from home, there may be a lot of background noise. Consider muting yourself if you are not speaking.
- WebEx can run outside of your Virtual
Desktop Service (VDS) - turning off VDS for WebEx can lead to a better experience for audio, video and sharing.
Please see here for further guidance for using WebEx for interviewing purposes and click here for virtual tour of all of WebEx's features.
This is the second main platform which is being used for remote interviews which is replacing Skype for Business.
Microsoft Teams is available to all individuals in the university and out with:
Please click here for more guidance on Microsoft teams for remote interviews.