Research Support and Development
Research Support Staff
Research Support staff provide support to the research community with a range of research-related administration:
- full economic costing for research
- matching your research proposal Case for Support to specific funding schemes
- charities and trusts which fund research
- research funding council strategic priorities and call specifications.
More information is available here for you to read about the development of research grant proposals and the comprehensive range of pre-award support services, including costings.
Sources of Information
- Research Grants Process Handbook: a staff guide (Edinburgh Napier University, August 2010)
- the Research Project Approval form/ costing tool (Edinburgh Napier University)
- Externally Funded Research - Definitions and Guidance: a staff guide (Edinburgh Napier University, July 2010)
- Research integrity and ethics
- Public engagement
- Research supervision
Sources of Research Funding & Funding Alerts
The University subscribes to Research Professional , an online database of global research funding opportunities. With a University email address it is possible to register and set up a profile to instigate funding alerts to your desktop.
A selection of video clips, are 2 clicks away from the Research Professional home page and include:
- "Exporting Funding Opportunities to your desktop" (45 sec)
- "Funding: Searching" (2 min 50sec)
Some colleagues prefer to set up a Twitter account as many of the research councils, charities and other funders tweet about new funding opportunities.
Researchers and Research Assistants Induction and Development : Grainne Barkess - G.Barkess@napier.ac.uk