Coaching for Success
This course will help you in managing conversations using effective coaching techniques in order to create impact and engagement.
Who should attend?
Any staff member who is either directly or indirectly responsible for the development of others. This includes staff members who are responsible to manage performance or staff members who manage a team project.
- Establish the difference between common development methods (e.g. coaching, mentoring)
- Identify when coaching is an appropriate tool to use
- List the benefits of coaching
- Identify different coaching styles
- Discuss core skills of a great coach
- Facilitate effective coaching conversations in challenging situations
- Identify ways to overcome barriers to coaching
- Create an action plan to help you in enhancing your coaching skills further
Participants will have the opportunity to:
1) Evaluate when coaching is appropriate and when it is not
2) Practice meaningful conversations using coaching as a tool
3) Reflect on own challenges when using coaching as a tool