The aim of this course is to identify and apply the most appropriate influence strategy to gain collaboration and buy in from others in order to achieve strategic objectives.
If the answer is yes to any of the below questions then this workshop is for you:
1) Are you sometimes finding it hard to get buy in from others?
2) Have you ever been in a situation where you could not move forward on something because there was no agreement reached on how to move forward?
Who should attend?
Any staff member who is either directly or indirectly responsible for the development of others. This includes staff members who are responsible to manage performance or staff members who manage a team project.
- Define influence and the link between influence and leadership
- Discuss your personal influence challenges at work
- Give overview of attributes of an effective influencer
- Identify factors to consider when influencing people or situations
- List different sources of power to influence others
- Explain in which situations you would use each power source to influence
- Apply suitable influence strategies to achieve strategic objective
- Review challenging influencing situations and ways to overcome them
- Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Recognise the importance of influence and why it is such a critical skill
- Prepare for an influence discussion taking relevant factors into consideration
- See effective influence in action through analysing a video where someone who is trying to implement a new initiative needs buy in from a number of different, sometimes challenging stakeholders
- Practice own influencing skills and revisit particularly difficult influence situations
- Create a personal influence action plan