Above & Beyond 2020-21
We received 297
nominations in our fifth year of the Above & Beyond recognition scheme, 2021
was slightly kinder to us than the previous year, but we still faced some
challenges however they didn’t deter us from recognising our colleagues for
their contribution to the University’s success.
For one year only,
we introduced a special award; Pride of Napier. This was designed to award an
individual and team for their outstanding contribution throughout the first
year of the pandemic.
As always, our panel
had a very tough job of reviewing all 297 nominations, but the unique thing
about the Pride of Napier award was that, once the panel had agreed who was on
the shortlist, the final decision was left to our colleagues to vote on the
winners of the Pride of Napier individual and team awards.
Above & Beyond ceremony was held as a virtual event on Wednesday 16 June –
and this was the first time that we were able to invite everyone along to the
Above & Beyond Team collaborated with a production team (Catalyst) in their
small studio outside Edinburgh, the event was broadcast through MS Teams, it
almost felt a little bit normal with a band providing live music and even some
of our shortlisted candidates got dressed up for the occasion!
out Edinburgh Napier’s Greatest Show here.
a summary of the winners below:
- Ambitious award: Fiona
Mason, Head of Business Engagement & IP Commercialisation -
- Inclusive award: Miriam Hussain, Engagement & Events Coordinator & Cecilia
Fisher Marketing and Communications Partner (Schools) - Marketing
& External Relations Department
- Innovative award: Technical Team in School of Applied
- Leadership Excellence award: Emma
Trotter (Lecturer) – School of Health &
- Learning & Teaching award: The
Digital Support Partnership Team
- Outstanding Student Experience
Student Accommodation Team – P&F
- Partnership award: Dawn Smith, Public Engagement
Manager - RIE
- Pride of Napier Individual award: Emma Trotter (Lecturer) –
School of Health & Social Care
- Pride of Napier Team award: The Student Accommodation Team - P&F
- Professional award: Edinburgh Napier University Cleaning Team – P&F
- Research & Innovation award: Luca Mora (Lecturer) –
The Business School
- University Enterprise Award: Ruth Cochrane (Lecturer) –
School of Arts & Creative Industries
also continued to recognise colleagues who have given 25 years’ service and our
colleagues who achieved HEA fellowship in 2019.