Above & Beyond 2020-21
significant achievements, successes, great teamwork and living our Edinburgh
Napier values is just our way of showing how much we appreciate the hard work
and sheer determination from colleagues across the University.
Above & Beyond is designed to do
just that! There are ten awards up for grabs and, during the nomination window,
colleagues are invited to shout about the great work from an individual or
Our independent panel reviewed each and every one of the record 290 nominations we received for this year's Above & Beyond Awards, and you'll find a list of the colleagues who were shortlisted below.
You can view the nominations and see why our colleagues deserve to be shortlisted here.
Plus, for this year only, we’ve introduced a Pride of Edinburgh Napier Award – and the winner of this category will be decided by you! To find out why those on the shortlist were nominated for this very special award and how you can vote for your favourite, click here. Voting closes on 14 May.
Because of the current circumstances, a physical awards ceremony unfortunately can’t take place. But the show must go on... line! The live ceremony will be hosted by Geoff Day, Interim Director, People & Services, in June and our University Leadership Team will reveal the winners for each category.
Look out for details as to how you can tune in to find out who will take the glory this year!
Who made the 2020/21 shortlist?
- Pamela Calabrese, Quality & Standards Manager, DLTE
- Fiona Mason, Head of Business Engagement & IP Commercialisation, RIE
- Liz Aston, Associate Professor, School of Applied Sciences
- The Equate Scotland team
- Jonathan Staal, Inclusion Services Manager, Student Wellbeing and Inclusion
- Miriam Hussain, Engagement & Events Coordinator and Cecilia Fisher, Marketing and Communications Partner, Marketing & External Relations
- Niall Cox, Student Recruitment Officer, Student Recruitment & Admissions
- The Estates Project Team, Property & Facilities/Finance
- The Technical Team, School of Applied Sciences
- School Heads of Learning and Teaching
- Emma Trotter, Lecturer, School of Health & Social Care
- Stephen Bruce, Learning Technology Support Manager, Information Services
- The Employability Skills Programme Team
- The SHSC Practice Learning Team, School Support Services
- Dawn Smith, Public Engagement Manager, RIE
- Jenni Clark, International Operations Administrator, International Operations
- The Cleaning Team, Property & Facilities
- Anna Leask, Professor, The Business School
Research & Innovation Award
- Gerri Matthews-Smith, Senior Lecturer, The Business School
- The Research Excellence Framework Team, RIE
- Luca Mora, Lecturer, School of Engineering & Built Environment
- The Impact Investment Symposium Team
- Ruth Cochrane, Lecturer, School of Arts & Creative Industries
- The Business Engagement and Innovation Team
Learning and Teaching Award
- Jim Daly, Learning Technology Support, Information Services
- Claire Garden, Senior Lecturer, School of Applied Sciences
- The Digital Support Partnership Team
Student Experience Award
- The Student Wellbeing & Inclusion Team
- The Student Accommodation Team, Property & Facilities
- The Student Administration Team, School Support Services
Pride of Edinburgh Napier Award
- Bryden Stillie
- Emma Trotter
- Steve Yorkstone
- IS Team
- The Timetabling Team
- The Student Accommodation Team
To find out why those on the shortlist were nominated for the Pride of Edinburgh Napier Award and how you can vote for your favourite, click here. Voting closes on 14 May.