Staff are paid on the last Thursday of every month, except December when the pay date is earlier.
Please ensure that any information which will affect staff pay is received by HR by the deadlines below. This includes:
- Mileage Claim Forms
- New staff details
- Notification of staff leaving the University
Any requests received after these dates will be paid the following month. Unfortunately we are unable to issue cheques for payment.
Note for Academic Staff: If you have Zero Hour lecturing or other claim forms which require authorisation, these must be submitted to the School/ Service offices by the 5th of each month to ensure they reach us on time.
Cut Off Dates
* The following payments are paid one month in arrears and only claims received for the preceding month will be processed and paid:
|| Tue 8th
|| Mon 9th
|| Thu 12th
|| Thu 26th|
|| Thu 10th
- Lecturers on Zero Hours/Guaranteed Hours/PHD Student Experience
- External Examiners
- Hourly paid staff (paid by time-sheet)
- Project disbursement payments
- Stand By & Call Out payments
- Excess Travel
For audit reasons we are unable to make these payments in advance.
Understanding Your Payslip
Further details in understanding your payslip can be found here.