Access and Passwords
The Library strongly recommends using LibrarySearch to locate databases, ejournals and ejournal articles. This is because
- LibrarySearch only contains good quality academic resources
- The links in LibrarySearch have been specially set up to allow easier access to eresources
- LibrarySearch contains detailed information about how to log into each eresource
Sign in to LibrarySearch
Always sign in to LibrarySearch to see results from all databases (if you don't sign in, some results won't be visible), to request books, view your Library account, and save searches.
To log in:
- Click on Sign In > University Member. Enter your University login.
On-campus access to electronic databases, journals and books
- If you're asked to log in, use your university username and password
- Some eresources require you to log in with your University login.
- If a non-standard password is needed, there will be a link to the Database and E-Journals Passwords page when you click the tilte of a resource in LibrarySearch.
- If further information is available about a particular resource, there will be a link in the full LibrarySearch record.
Off-campus access to electronic databases, journals and books
The library's proxy server makes it easier to access library eresources off campus.
- If you start your search in LibrarySearch, the Edinburgh Napier login box will generally appear (unless you are already signed in) when you access a resource.
- All you'll need to do then is enter your University login (the same login you use to log into a university computer or your email)
- You'll only need to do this for the first eresource in a search session.
- If a non-standard password is needed, see the Database and E-Journals Passwords page (login required).