Marketing & Communications
The Marketing & Communications team raises awareness of University services, projects and news with a range of stakeholders including prospective and current students and staff. The department is based at the Sighthill Campus and you can read more about the team on our Contact Us page.
We recognise that you are probably visiting this page as you have a question about how marketing or communications could help you promote a course or project via the media, marketing or digital means. Here are a few things to get you going:
- For starters, you can find out more about our services on the menu on the left hand side.
- You will also find a range of useful information, including publications, brand guidelines, logos and self-serve email templates, on our Marketing Exchange.
- If you want to get a story on the staff intranet news section, email email@example.com (please try and give a few days notice as we get a number of requests)
- If you want to get some news or a story out on our social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc), email firstname.lastname@example.org (please try and give a few days notice as we get a number of requests)
- If you have further questions or cannot find what you need email us on email@example.com. Someone will pick up your enquiry and respond.
- Note that if you want something to go on myNapier, the Student Portal, you need to contact Student & Academic Services on firstname.lastname@example.org
It may be that you have a larger project which you want to discuss with us. Please note that because there is a high demand for our services we are prioritising work which fits within the University's strategic objectives, with a strong focus on student recruitment, internal communications and strengthening our academic/research reputation. If your request does not fit within one of these areas, we will discuss the project with you and make recommendations. This could include the use of external suppliers (such as freelance graphic designers) who have been procured by the department.
Depending on your query we may ask you to fill in a Marketing & Communications Service Request form and send back to email@example.com. This is more likely if we need a lot of information or the request spans more than a couple of activities or people. You may not have all the answers yet but this provides a basis for a conversation to discuss and finalise your brief. This forms helps us ensure we have all the information we need to give you what you need. As a guide, as long as we agree we have the capacity to work on your project, we will:
- provide graphic design services if requests are submitted with at least a 3-4 week turnaround time. Note that you should estimate a minimum of 5 working days for the printing of simple material.
- develop web content where there is not a local trained content editor if requests are submitted with at least a 3-4 week turnaround time for a standard site. If changes to the system are needed which require IT development, this will take considerably longer.
- provide photography services if requests are submitted with at least a 3-4 week turnaround time. Note that delays can arise if the photography involves people who are not available in the desired timescale.
- provide online and offline marketing project support (eg, planning campaigns and buying advertising) where requests are submitted with at least a 6 week turnaround time. Note that the amount of work that can be produced will vary dependent on the amount of lead time given
- plan and deliver larger media relations campaigns with at least a 6 week turnaround time
- provide film production services with at least a 6-8 week turnaround time
- develop publications (generally more than 4 pages) if requests are submitted with at least a 10-12 week turnaround time