Marketing, Brand & Communications
The Marketing, Brand & Communications team are part of the International, Development & External Affairs department. We provide professional services that contribute towards the achievement of the University’s vision and strategic objectives, and support faculties and professional service departments in the delivery of their corporate plans.
The department is based at Sighthill Campus. Visit our Contact Us page to find out who we are. Feel free to speak to one of the team about your query or you can email us at email@example.com.
Depending on your query we may ask you to fill in a Marketing & Communications Service Request form and send back to firstname.lastname@example.org. This is more likely if we need a lot of information or the request spans more than a couple of activities or people. You may not have all the answers yet but this provides a basis for a conversation to discuss and finalise your brief. This forms helps us ensure we have all the information we need to give you what you need.
What We Do
We would like to be involved in your project from the outset. By getting involved at an early stage, we will be able to contribute to an integrated plan that ensures our expertise adds value in the most effective way. An overview of services is below:
Corporate Communications / Media Relations
Communications advice including creating strategic communication plans to target specific audiences
- Media relations – generating news articles, TV, radio or web coverage, features, interviews and opinion pieces
- Key messages, facts and figures and core information for your use
- Speech writing for senior management
- Advice, management and co-ordination of internal and external communications.
Marketing & Brand (including graphic design)
Marketing advice and guidance including customer segmentation, targeted marketing, key messages, integrated campaigns, advertising and promotion, evaluation and achieving the best return on investment from your marketing spend.
- Design, development and delivery of advertising and student recruitment campaigns including UCAS, Clearing etc
- Project management and production of corporate publications, including undergraduate and postgraduate prospectuses
- Advice and guidance on the correct use of the brand
- Photographic services
- Creative service agency management.
- Graphic design services
- Design and production of marketing materials, including brochures, posters, flyers, leaflets, postcards, banners, merchandise etc
Advice on how best to use digital media to spread your message.
- Content creation for corporate sections of the internet and intranet
- Guidance on writing for the web and advice on search engine optimisation
- Training for content editors on updating and maintaining the internet and intranet and on how best to deliver your content / service online
- Advice on our understanding of customer preferences and on tailoring your content to meet their needs
- Website statistics and site performance data to inform your delivery of online content and achieve improved return on investment
- Web and digital design service
- Consultancy on the digital elements of campaigns – including tracking, measurement and return on investment review
- Digital Customer Relationship Management activity including HTML email design
- Multimedia and video production and management
- A lead on the adoption and use of social media, such as YouTube, Facebook, Bebo and Twitter
- Monitoring emerging trends and technologies.