The Coaching for Success course will help you in managing conversations using effective coaching techniques in order to create impact and engagement.
Are you finding it hard to address certain difficult situations with the team? Are you looking for ways to help others develop through conversations? Are you looking at finding a way to engage others through conversations?
If the answer is yes then this course is for you!
Any staff member who is either directly or indirectly responsible for the development of others can attend. This includes colleagues who manage performance or those who manage a team project.
On the course, you’ll:
- Establish the difference between common development methods (e.g. coaching, mentoring)
- Identify when coaching is an appropriate tool to use
- List the benefits of coaching
- Identify different coaching styles
- Discuss core skills of a great coach
- Facilitate effective coaching conversations in challenging situations
- Identify ways to overcome barriers to coaching
- Create an action plan to help you in enhancing your coaching skills further
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Evaluate when coaching is appropriate and when it is not
- Practice meaningful conversations using coaching as a tool
- Reflect on own challenges when using coaching as a tool
When: 12 February – 9.30am to 4.30pm
Where: Room E9, Merchiston campus
For more info on the course, or to book your slot, click here.
Before you sign up, chat with your line manager and link your attendance at the course to your My Development Plan before booking.