Welcome to Information Services
Working from Home
Did you know, the majority of the University's online services can be accessed without being connected to the Virtual Desktop Service or Virtual Private Network.
It is recommended that you connect to services directly where possible to avoid performance or access issues.
This PDF explains what to use to access online services off campus.
Full guidance for getting started working from home can be found here
Guidance from the Library can be found here
Additional Working From Home information:
- Check out our Working from Home Hints and Tips
- Softphones are now available enabling you to use your computer and internet connection to make and receive telephone calls, particularly valuable in the current situation - find out more.
- If you need to purchase IT equipment there is currently a 6 week lead time so please place your order as early as possible.
- For online meetings the University's preferred platforms are Webex and Skype which is being rolled into Microsoft Teams - find out more
- The IS Service Desk have extended their opening hours - find out more
- Find out more about our response to the COVID-19 situation here
Follow us on Twitter for more Home Working tips and tricks: @EdNapITBytes or @EdNapLib
Contacting Information Services
If you need help or wish to report an IT problem please contact the IS Service Desk:
You can also contact the Library:
What we do
We are committed to delivering and supporting high quality IT and Library systems and services, accessible anytime, anywhere to enable you to achieve your learning, teaching, research or business-related objectives.
We place innovation, collaboration and customer experience at the forefront of what we do, aiming to create a well-supported and secure environment in which our University can operate.
We achieved re-accreditation of the CSE Standard as a single department in December 2019, and retained our Cyber Essentials Plus certification after undergoing assessment in March 2020.
In 2019 we were shortlisted in the Outstanding Support for Students category of the THE Awards for our work on making the exam results less stressful for students.
Browse our IS Service Catalogue to find out more about the services we offer, you'll also find lots of information on our IT and Library intranet pages.
Check out IS Scoops for some examples of our recent work.
Read about our strategies on the IS Strategy page.