Welcome to Information Services - IT
Visit Resource Booker
to book rooms, PCs, labs, library space and equipment.
A help video is available within Resource Booker, there are also askNapier articles
to help you get started.
Working from Home
Did you know, the majority of the University's online services can be accessed without being connected to the Virtual Desktop Service or Virtual Private Network.
It is recommended that you connect to services directly where possible to avoid performance or access issues.
This PDF explains what to use to access online services off campus.
Full guidance for getting started working from home can be found here
You can also check out our Working from Home Hints and Tips
Communicating from Home
- MS Teams is available for all staff bringing conversations, content, assignments, and apps together in one place - find out more.
- Softphones are now available enabling you to use your computer and internet connection to make and receive telephone calls, particularly valuable in the current situation - find out more.
- For online meetings the University's preferred platforms are Webex and Skype which is being rolled into MS Teams - find out more
Purchasing IT Equipment
- Guidance can be found on the IT Procurement page.
- Due to COVID 19 restrictions and increased demand for IT equipment for working from home, IT Procurement is experiencing high demand. A recent and significant increase in requests has exhausted our stocks. The supply of devices is still being adversely affected by COVID-19 disruption to manufacturing, delays in transport and high demand of products from all sectors. Information Services are working on a solution and further information will be communicated when available. In the meantime, we would ask for your patience in processing your request.
Software from Home
- Autodesk also has software available for download from home - find out more
- Find out more about our response to the COVID-19 situation here
- Follow us on Twitter for more Home Working tips and tricks: @EdNapITBytes
Contacting Information Services
View the Status of the University's Online Services via the Service Status Screen.
Browse our IS Service Catalogue to find out more about the services we offer.
Do you have a question about any of our services? If so check out our askNapier Knowledge Base.
If you need help or wish to report a problem please contact the IS Service Desk:
Telephone: ext 3000 or (0131) 455 3000 externally
Follow us on Twitter: @EdNapITSupport and @EdNapITBytes
Find more about how to contact us.