Welcome to Information Services - IT
Working from Home
Did you know, the majority of the University's online services can be accessed without being connected to the Virtual Desktop Service or Virtual Private Network.
It is recommended that you connect to services directly where possible to avoid performance or access issues.
This PDF explains what to use to access online services off campus.
Full guidance for getting started working from home can be found here
You can also check out our Working from Home Hints and Tips
Communicating from Home
- MS Teams is available for all staff bringing conversations, content, assignments, and apps together in one place - find out more.
- Softphones are now available enabling you to use your computer and internet connection to make and receive telephone calls, particularly valuable in the current situation - find out more.
- For online meetings the University's preferred platforms are Webex and Skype which is being rolled into MS Teams - find out more
Requesting IT Equipment
Software from Home
- Autodesk also has software available for download from home - find out more
- Find out more about our response to the COVID-19 situation here
- Follow us on Twitter for more Home Working tips and tricks: @EdNapITBytes
Contacting Information Services
View the Status of the University's Online Services via the Service Status Screen.
Browse our IS Service Catalogue to find out more about the services we offer.
Do you have a question about any of our services? If so check out our askNapier Knowledge Base.
If you need help or wish to report a problem please contact the IS Service Desk:
Telephone: ext 3000 or (0131) 455 3000 externally
Follow us on Twitter: @EdNapITSupport and @EdNapITBytes
Find more about how to contact us.