Post award administration
Documents: Running Your Project - DOC | PDF | Timesheet
Once you have been notified that your project is ‘Live’ and you have been allocated a finance project code (R****) you will be able to charge costs to your project.
Project Finance Officers within Finance, in conjunction with your School Research & Innovation Officer, will help to guide you through the post award financial administration of your grant/project.
For more complex grant budgets, we would encourage a project kick-off meeting with Research & Innovation Support Officer, Project Finance Officer and the School Research & Innovation Officer to explore the optimal budget set-up for budgetary control, and any special grant administration required. Please contact the Research & Innovation Support Officer if you wish to arrange this.
Generally, only the Directly Incurred Expenditure will be at the discretion of the PI and School to spend, please refer to the document called ‘Running your project’ for further guidance.
Post Award support contact details:
Research & Innovation Support Officer – Wendy Steven
For queries about your newly awarded project or guidance on funder’s terms & conditions or to request a project set up meeting or to provide any updates to your project as per the list below, please contact Wendy.
School Research & Innovation Officers (SRIOs)
Contact the SRIO for your School, for day to day post award support/queries and to provide any updates to your project as per the list below.
Other post-award support contacts
Project Finance Officers
For Financial Post-award queries and spend reports, please contact the appropriate Project Finance Officer for your School
Shona Sharp SEBE, BS and SAS
Edyta Hoszko SHSC, SACI and SOC
Please keep the post-award administration, fully informed of:
- Changes in the use of your awarded funding
- Delays in starting or during execution of the project
- Intentions to extend the end date of the project
- Any absences on the project (e.g. maternity/adoption leave, or extended sickness) - these costs may not be funded on the grant.
- Any changes to the status of the Principal Investigator (e.g. transferring to another University)
- Any other problems you are experiencing with the award
- Any correspondence with the funding body