Post Award Administration
Running Your Project: PDF or Word Doc | Time Sheet Template (Excel)
Once you have been notified that your project is ‘Live’ and you have been allocated a finance project code (R****) you will be able to charge costs to your project.
For more complex grant budgets, we would encourage a project kick-off meeting with External Project Officer to explore the optimal budget set-up for budgetary control, and any special grant administration required. Please contact the EPO if you wish to arrange this.
External Project Officers (EPO) will help to guide you through the post award financial administration of your grant/project and will be able to provide spend review reports compared to the awarded budget, as and when required. They will also ensure that all income is received from the funder/client, either by producing claims, issuing invoices, submitting claims online etc.
Generally, only the Directly Incurred Expenditure will be at the discretion of the PI and School to spend, please refer to the document called ‘Running your project’ for further guidance.
If you cannot contact any of External Project Officers above, please email: ExternalProjects@napier.ac.uk, and someone else within the team will be able to assist you.
Alistair Wallace is our Contracts Officer. He provides contract support to the Research, Innovation & Enterprise team, by reviewing complex contract documents and will carry out negotiations on terms etc.
Contact Alistair: ext 2447 - email@example.com
Please keep the post-award administration, fully informed of:
- Changes in the use of your awarded funding
- Delays in starting or during execution of the project
- Intentions to extend the end date of the project
- Any absences on the project (e.g. maternity/adoption leave, or extended sickness) - these costs may not be funded on the grant.
- Any changes to the status of the Principal Investigator (e.g. transferring to another University)
- Any other problems you are experiencing with the award
- Any correspondence with the funding body