*Note Alternative COVID 19 Arrangements detailed throughout
Information for Students
Information for students is available on the Research Degrees pages of myNapier
Information for Supervisors
Full details of policies and procedures can be found in the Research Degree Framework, available on myNapier.
Advice is also available from your School Research Degrees Leader:
Research degrees (RD) forms can be downloaded from the myNapier site.
Research Degrees Committee meeting dates and deadlines for papers 2019/20: UPDATE
In the current circumstances, University Research Degrees Committee has been conducting its meetings online, but keeping them shorter and therefore holding them more frequently, so that we can be as flexible as possible in responding to the need for decisions to be made. Initially meetings were held weekly but as we have settled into new ways of working this is no longer felt to be necessary.
The schedule of meetings for the remainder of this academic year is set out below but we will continue to review the situation and, if it becomes necessary, the schedule will be updated further, but no meetings now scheduled for May or June will be cancelled.
Applications and admissions
Detailed information is in Section 2 of the Research Degree Framework.
- Prospective, self-funded research students should be directed to apply online
- Funded studentships should be advertised on the University website once they have been approved by the School Research Degrees Programme Leader
- Information about fees and stipends
- Form RD2 (authorisation for research student admission) is available here
- Enquiries about PhD by Published Works should be discussed with the School Research Degrees Programme Leader (This route is open only to current and former staff, and Edinburgh Napier alumni)
Further advice and information:
Your School Research Degrees Programme Leader is your first point of contact for advice and information on appointing new research students.
Applications and offers are managed by the Postgraduate Admissions team. Enquiries can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Research Degrees team are happy to answer general enquiries sent to: email@example.com.