Development & Alumni Engagement
The Development and Alumni Relations Office (DAR) undertakes Alumni Engagement and Philanthropic Fundraising.
The DAR Office engage and steward relationships across Scottish, UK and International networks to benefit the alumni community, the student and research experience at Edinburgh Napier University.
We collaborate with the 5 University Schools, Student Futures, Student Support, International, Research Innovations and Enterprise and Principal’s Office to support them to deliver on their strategic plans.
The team work to:
- Build a sense of pride amongst alumni which encourages them to want to stay engaged with university to support students and research
- Grow external networks to build reputation of the University and encourage support
- Identify and develop budgeted projects with compelling case for support to attract donors
- Identify and engage philanthropic prospects (alumni and non-alumni) with funding asks aligned to student support and university projects
- Underpin with operational resource, effective database and cross-university collaboration
Philanthropic income is raised for student support, research, capital or community impact programmes. The Development Trust meet three times a year and Board Members govern the administration and disbursement of funds.